Tuesday, July 12, 2011

A Legend of the Fall - Gordon Tootoosis

This week brings another shift with the elders.  Canadian legend, Gordon Tootoosis has passed on...His body of work is varied and inspiring.  He was one of my favorites.

As I discussed in a previous entry, Elder storytelling is something I love. Gordon had the Grandfather energy, like my own late Papa, who passed in 1991.  They have this way of making the listener "lean in", otherwise you'll miss the point and the punch line.  The Art of Subtlety is difficult to master.

Gordon Tootoosis' presence on the planet and in the arts community, will endure.  Exuding charisma onscreen, and setting an example off, Mr. Tootoosis is a tough act to follow.


This recent article highlights some of his highlights:

http://www.vancouversun.com/Tootoosis+remembered+arts+spirituality+public+service/5065050/story.html

I had hoped to work with him someday, remembering how Legends of the Fall got me to film school --- and North of 60 reruns (at lunch) kept me going (through film school).

I sent prayers to this Canadian legend and know his spirit soars.


Death, in my opinion, is a transition and not "the end".  

No comments:

Post a Comment