Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Year of the Mer-Tigress...

This is an old post, but I like the photos and where my questions have led me in my storytelling.  Consider it a behind the scenes of script writing...

February 14th 2010
"Sun of life and breath divine, wake -- and show me you are thine."
- Rebecca Christenson, Feb 2010


"Tiger symbolism and reverence dates back to ancient times.  


Tigers are respected the world over.  


Tigers represent; Passion, Power, Devotion and Sensuality.


Tigers are also great mothers and swimmers (unlike other cats)." 


- Paraphrased from Animal Speak by Ted Andrews.  

While the concept of zoos are uncomfortable, I am grateful for their amazing vantage points.

I framed shots - separated by steel and security glass -- while the occasional shiver ran up and down my spine.



Perhaps, in a different world, tigers are bipedal and virtually vegetarian?

They could watch me pace in front of them (in a cage) for a few moments, under a stormy sky.

It is interesting to prowl a moment in their paws... 

I also contemplated the work of Dr. Bruce Lipton and the story "The Secret of Nymh"...

If creations are greatly influenced by their environment... and humans become wild when isolated (Lord of the Flies)...do tigers gain (or lose) intelligence via proximity?

Are they letting us study them?  Why is the habitat so small?  Do the animals care?  Where are they from?  Are they as Canadian as I?  Are they cleaning and clearing some energy karma they've collected?

Or...are animals patiently in the now, part of our ecosystem, with an invested interest in human evolution, with no control of the outcome?
  

Seeing the way zoos are improving and how endangered "The Wild" can be with poachers, is this system a camoflaged version of the legendary ark?  Are we preserving DNA until the earth people's stablize?

We'll see...When I ask these questions, all I create are more!

No comments:

Post a Comment