Saturday, May 5, 2012

Vive la Mexico! - Celebrating Rebirth and Sacred Dance

This year, Jen and I traveled to Riviera Nayarit, via Puerto Vallarta, to celebrate another tour around the sun.  All we knew about our destination, was that we were determined to find sun...in whatever all-inclusive fit our budget, and travel dates.


Magic and miracles greeted us at the Royal Decameron (Riviera Nayarit, Bucerias) ---

Beginning with our view...


Guardian angels even came out to protect us when suffering an amateur's infliction ---

"Ripe to be picked, so naive..."

Mucho tequila/la piscina... Ay Caramba!!!

Despite losing a day, we remained determined to give our favorite dancing dresses,
a bonafide latin night!

"Beauty urges, just believe..."

To our relief -- and delight -- we found a place on earth where men really move! And -- wait-for-it --- Their hips!  Even better, some men seemed to like dancing as much -- or more --- than us. 


The joie-de-vivre was contagious. We toured the resort as happy "Hola!"'s filled the air...


I am a bit surprised to realize Mexico may have trumped Hawaii on my preference list...Wha??? 

Yup...after years of dreaming of a life in Maui, I find myself reconsidering.  People are the heart of any location.  I also seek spiritual gateways, where the connection to source is tangible.  Mexico has an ancient feminine energy, Mary is featured in recent spiritual practices.

I am committed to being open enough on my life path...to notice shared foot steps...and alignment.  I'm not sure why I landed here, but everything conspired to get my toes in the sand of Bucerias.


It will take time to process, retrospectively, the affects of this trip.  What I do know is, I am more alive  than I've ever been.  Each morning at breakfast, I looked to "stand up paddle guy" (and his dog) for Nayarit lifestyle tips.


Food, enthusiasm, culture, and the cosmopolitan feeling of Puerto Vallarta area intrigue me.  It felt old like Europe, yet warmer than the UK.  With the quick flight, right-sided driving, little time change and welcoming atmosphere, this is an easy trip for people close to the western coast of the Americas.


Caliente 
people, food, music and colors --
offer counter-point to
 the cool,
rhythmic, 
rolling waves 
and 
solitude 
offered by the 
Pacific.


Mexico offers all a large country can.  It is what Canadians are familiar with --- the vastness of peoples, landforms, dialects and lifestyle to explore and experience.  In my life, I would never see it all.  Canada is the same.

I recommend this trip and resort to anyone looking for everything --- in one place.  


Aside from dance, I look forward to more self-discovery with; art, food, photography, language studies, marine biology, architecture and aquatic sports.  

Could this be my home away from home?  Mermaids need to make port once in a while...  

Before signing off, I want to mention the stand-out feature of our Mexican experience -- helpful locals. 

On and...


...Off resort!


So...as the sun set on another annual cycle, 
Jen and I are rejuvenated and uplifted, 
oxygenated and sun-kissed!


A great big 
"GRACIAS" 
goes out to everyone who served us last week, while we took a break from our service roles.


 From making our reservations, to: entertaining pool-side, evening shows in the amphi-theatre, directing resort "newbies", carrying bags, cleaning rooms, providing water, repeated cups of coffee, driving us around, a dance night where we "partied like rock-stars", amazing food and drink...thanks again.

We also appreciated sharing brilliant smiles and resonant laughter...


Work is love in action.  

We invite all our new Amigas/Amigos to experience our work as well...


Salut and Hugs!  
 Bec and Jen...Jen and Becca...


This video is shared in honour of the dissolving borders and universal love!

"Love is Earth and all are Kin."

Italicized excerpts from "The Aquarian Philosophy" by Bec and Jen.
New Photos will be added to www.rebecca-christenson.artistwebsites.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment